Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday, October 13th 2005

Recently I got a present from my husband a new iPod and I started listening about computer topics from ITC. It has been a a new world for me and I am loving it. There are lots of interesting podcasts about Programming, Security, Web services, Microsoft and even Python. Between several I listened a podcast by Joel Spolsky and I am currently reading his book called Joel on Software. His book is a set of essays that he published on his blog (www.joelonsoftware.com). Yeee...Yee blogs are new to me too. You can tell, right? I want to subscribe to his blog and for that I realized that I need a RSS feader. RSS is an abbreviation for Really Simple Sindication...it ends up by being a XML format for syndicating web content. I ended up by downloading a new free rss feader for windows called FeedReader. Being really new to the podcast world I think it will be a good idea to scan the book that my husband just bougth Podcast Solutions: The Complete Guide to Podcasting.
Last but not least I heard about a search engine for podcasts: http://podcasts.yahoo.com. I need to give it a try still...

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Marcelino said...

I am very happy with bloglines.com for an RSS reader.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home